Thursday, February 12, 2009

(I always feel like) Somebody's Watching Me



To celebrate Chinese New Year, I went with some friends to (here it comes, wait for it) CHINATOWN. I brought a bottle of Syrah with me. Normally I wouldn't think of bringing wine, especially a red wine, with me to a Chinese restaurant. But these economic times call for it.

There was no corkage fee. Brilliant. And the plummy, jammy Syrah paired well with all the intricate spice combinations, black bean curd sauces, pork, fatty duck and fresh vegetables. If it was Summer I might have reached for a bone dry Gruner Veltliner.

But since this day was cold and overcast, we were all glad to have a little warmth.

Global Fusion, baby.
Santa Barbara Syrah & Chinese food is heaven.

Here are some more photos from the adventure. . .


1 comment:

Heather said...

sounds great! love the pictures :)